CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

A doctor who cares!

Yesterday with my list in hand I headed to Dr. Holden's office. I had called him last week to let him know that we had started ttc again and that I had stopped taken my Zoloft, so he wanted to see me for a quick visit.

We went over my list and I have pretty much been tested for everything except the gene testing. Dr. Holden started me on 5mg of Prednisone since sometimes your body can treat the pregnancy as a foreign object and fight it off. The Prednisone will lower my immune system enough for the pregnancy to be accepted by my body and then I will continue taking it for the first trimester.

I also asked him if he had any recommendations for an ob who was more aggressive with people who do have problems with miscarriage. He said that really there wasn't anyone in town that he thought was any better than the other but if the Prednisone doesn't work I will be sent to an RE in the city and go from there. That is 3 hours of driving for each appointment so I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.

I don't really see why my primary care dr is more aggressive at trying to help me achieve a successful pregnancy than my ob was. You would definitely think the ob would have suggested this in the first place.

Anyways, I'm feeling good about things and I really feel like we're getting somewhere. At least another door has been opened and I'm inching my foot in...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I'll be praying and, of course, thinking of you the whole way! Think of it this way...if you have to drive to OKC all the time we can meet up for some lunches! Love ya Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say thank you for all of your kind words during my own roller coaster ride.

    BTW, my OB yesterday said something about prednisone too. It was the first I had heard of it.

    ReplyDelete