I called the Dr. this morning to get my results and he said that my hormones went up a tiny bit. He said it is looking like we should do the methotrexate but I asked him if we could just wait a week or so and see if my hormones start going down by themselves. I know it isn't good for me to keep doing that chemo shot. How that shot works is it works like chemo but instead of killing cancerous cells it kills the cells that are related to pregnancy. I would really like to avoid doing that shot and I'm bleeding more today so I was thinking maybe my body is still trying to get rid of the pregnancy itself.
He also said that he will be doing tests on me soon. Like an HSG and that is where they shoot dye into you and then do an xray to make sure your tubes and stuff are open. And a few other tests that he really didn't go into detail about but we will talk more about them when I go in for the other testing.
Since we are waiting a little bit to see if my levels go down by themselves I will be going to the hospital this Friday to get my hCG levels checked again.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow Beth. Yet again, I am so sorry you have to go through this. Try to think of it as with each test and with each doctors visit you are one step closer to finding out what is wrong and actually having a healthy pregnancy! Let me know if there's anything I can do!
ReplyDelete