CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

On the right path to....somewhere.

Lately I have been feeling extremely sad and frustrated. On a particularly bad day I called Dr. N's office because frankly I didn't know who else to call. I have been so stressed out I have been losing my hair by the handfuls and just wanted to make sure something wasn't wrong to be causing this. Dr. N's office referred me to Dr. Holden as a primary care dr since I didn't already have one and also to a counselor.

My appointment was yesterday with Dr. Holden and I was extremely impressed with him! He seemed so concerned about getting to the bottom of things and it's awesome because he is really gung-ho about doing tests to find out why I have miscarried like this and he isn't even an ob!
He was surprised that Dr. N hasn't done any tests to check autoimmune antibodies to figure out why I am having repeat miscarriages. He thought that was crazy and didn't understand why it wasn't a priority to find out why it keeps happening. He said that we can figure out what is going on so that next time I do get pregnant we can hopefully prevent another miscarriage. I have to go in on the 24th for my blood work to be done and it is pretty much just starting from scratch to see what we can find out. Because there is a REASON this is happening and it feels so good to find someone who seems to care. Of course I was a ball of emotions at their office which can get a little embarrassing! But hopefully soon I won't be this angry, sad, frustrated, empty person I have been lately for too much longer.

So for now he has prescribed me Zoloft and I told him how it made me feel like a failure to need something like that and he was like no were just trying to get you back to your old self. Which to me that sounds like a pretty good idea!

Yay! I'm feeling happy for the first time in a while and I haven't even started my prescriptions. LOL

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog recently and am so happy to hear that the new primary care doctor will be trying to get to the bottom of this. Like him I am shocked at how little testing your ob is doing.

    I remember this hellish adventure. I was on it for many years. Now I have 4 beautiful children (2 biological and 2 adopted) after suffering through years infertility and then multiple miscarriages (5). It looks like you don't have much problem getting pregnant so that is good.

    I will be following your story and praying for a sticky pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you are starting to feel more like the old you :) I've had alot of fun hanging out the past two nights. Reminds me of old times...

    ReplyDelete