CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

HSG Results

I guess I was looking at my HSG as I would just go in to get it over with and come out with my normal expected results of two open tubes. To say the least I was not mentally prepared for the results I received. My left tube was blocked and filled up with the dye to make like a bulge in my tube. The right side was perfectly normal with the dye spilling out the end of my tube so that was a relief.

Dr. N said there are a few options that he wanted to talk to Dr. Hansen (reproductive endocrinologist) about and find out what the best option would be. The options include surgery to remove the tube, surgery to repair or unblock the tube, or another HSG where they go in the tube where the blockage is and try to shoot more dye there to get the blockage out. I am having anxiety about having another surgery and I definitely don't feel comfortable having my tube removed to only leave me with one functioning tube. What if something were to happen to that tube also?

The HSG was EXTREMELY painful and I definitely would like to avoid having another one if possible. I should hear something in the next week or so from Dr. Hansen and then I will go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment